Thursday, April 9, 2020

Movies that I watched

I saw three movies recently.
Rahasya
Ijaazat
Mithilukal.
I wanted to see Elippathayam too but I was not able to get an English subtitled version on youtube.
Earlier about 6 months back I saw Anantaram.
Adoor Gopalakrishnan movies are just too good. Fantastic quality.
Anantaram is about the life of an orphan raised as own son. When looked at one way the orphan's life is empathised with. When looked the other way the family is empathised.
Mithilukal is the story of a revolutionary writer during British raj. He is jailed. What is freedom ? The writer is friendly and good and fine man. I seem to get an impression that he would be happy with a jailed life.
Ijaazat is fine movie. Gulzar. About relationships. Marriage. Love. Practicality. Songs were of the highest quality. Lyrics genius level.
Rahasya is a murder mystery. Kay kay menon in lead solves a difficult murder mystery.

Comparison of Talwar with Rahasya is like comparing LeT with CBI. It is meaningless.

Satyajit Ray or Adoor Gopalakrishnan or Shyam Benegal?
Satyajit Ray is rejected. Can't believe so much obsession with chess during war by nawabs. And the dancing Amjad Khan. Or the stupid nawab who fails to fathom his wife's affair.
Adoor Gopalakrishnan or Shyam Benegal?
Shyam Benegal is my answer.

No comments: