Sunday, May 29, 2022

Width experiment


You may be aware that I have done three experiments with my fingers and hand.

One was lifting dumbbell with left hand. It helped me get an expression for 1 and new expression for e to the power x.

Second one was lifting dumbbell with right hand. It helped me with expression of 2. The most difficult. 

Third one was lifting okras with left hand fingers. This helped me in understanding gamma function.  And because gamma functions were termed equivalent to beta functions it improved my knowledge tremendously. 

Today I did the fourth experiment. 

Measuring width of an object with finger width. 

Distance            No. Of fingers

1 full distance        1 finger width

1/2 distance             2 finger width

1/4 distance             3 finger width 

The third reading was surprising.  I thought it will be 4 finger width but surprisingly it was 3 finger width. 

So 1 by m to the power of n of distance.  And n is the number of fingers.

Simple experiment.  But far reaching learning.

No comments: