Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Approximately the golden ratio

I had uttered many #PythaShastri mantras.
One of them is also 1,2,3,4,7,8,10.
Well (40*agm(7,8,10))/(87*agm(1,2,3,4)) is 1.618 which is the golden ratio.
Golden ratio is a tough one. I believe it is the most fundamental constant. People over the world are mad after this number. I became mad after this number after reading Dan Brown novel The da vinci code.
I had 1,2,3,4,5,9,10. I decided to venture into the golden ratio.
In Ranchi I got the pentagon and an infinite series. I moved up and up using Wolfram alpha. Many expressions came up. One copyright and four papers too.
The journey continues. Nowadays it is relativity.
To think about it Newton was really great. In India it is almost Newton everywhere. Terrific effect on education by Newton. He was damn great.
But then Einstein, Planck and others gave the world new idea. Which were true. Hence the Nobel Prize.
Prof. Hardy was great. Ramanujan was good. But I never knew this. Possible dislike for Ramanujan in most parts of India.
Life moves on. They don't comment here in India. I wish someone would write 1,2,3,4,5,9,10 is not valid. Or it is blasphemy. Or something. But no one.
Anyway, have a nice day.

No comments: