Sunday, October 18, 2020

My mental Asaro head

 John Asaro is a genius. He created the Asaro head.

I believe that perfecting Asaro head in all angles will make me fit for portrait drawing. 

My mental picture of Asaro head (with difficult planes) is approximately 96 percent correct. My hand is unable to follow. 

Some theory

1. Forehead upper line to eyebrow line; eyebrow line to bottom of nose line; and bottom of nose line to bottom chin are equal. Courtesy Andrew Loomis.

2. Lower lip line divides the bottom of nose line to bottom chin distance equally. Courtesy Youtube, Andrew Loomis.

3. The width of the lip is equal to and aligns with the position of the eye ball. Courtesy YouTube, Andrew Loomis.

I am adding one statement. I do not know whether correct or not. 

4. The error begins with the position of the ear. And that is where you have to start. And the error propogates causing planes of face. 

Try with point no 4 and tell me if I am correct. Also add some other stuff like point no 4 and let me know.

Best wishes dear readers.

No comments: