Thursday, March 16, 2023

On Ramanujan constants

Ramanujan is credited to two constants namely Ramanujan-Soldner constant and Landau-Ramanujan constant.

Both of these are related to the logarithmic functions.

One may open the books and will come to know that logarithmic functions eases calculations like no other. Vedic mathematics are just a crap which ruins career of kids. Trachtenberg system is different because Trachtenberg was spending his time in jail. And he came up with shortcuts to calculations.

Now, coming to the point. Ramanujan to have found constants in logarithmic functions is indeed a great genius. 

I seriously think that no one can think beyond Thomas Bayes and the Bayes conditional probability. Because a human just cannot think beyond his realm. Can he? But our spirituallly owned S R Srinivasa Varadhan, (spiritually owned because he got the Padma Vibushan in 2023) made a theory on probability which seems to me lies beyond distributions. S R Srinivasa Varadhan won the Abel Prize in 2017.

Hope you all are having a fine time. My good wishes !!

5 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

My apologies to Mathematics followers.
I am not critical of Ramanujan sir or Varadhan sir.
I am also being criticized for a/b - c/d type of terms for infinite series. Also that my binomials are not symmetric. They start from 1.
When guys close to you criticize when you are not critical of them then one reveals who might be interested in listening to you.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I am not able to understand what is constant in both the Ramanujan constants.
To think that all the four tyres and also the engine will cease at the same time is a rare occurrence.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I should not be doing binomials?
I got an integer always. I was curious how. I explored. I got binomials.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Suppose Singh saab says I am not working hard. Why promotion?
There are 3 possibilities.
1 I agree and promise to work hard in future.
2 I reply give a promotion. It is a small issue and be practical sir.
3 Talk with madam your supervisor.
I feel it is the guts inside you how you answer.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Brought up in Delhi my guts are high. But not too high.