Friday, November 10, 2023

Indian mathematicians from recent past

Madhava of Sangamagrama,  Ramanujan and Harishchandra. 

Madhava of Sangamagrama is my favorite.  I have nuptial bondage with his thoughts.  He was simple. But he was sure. He was less. But conveyed more. He and Leibniz have a pi by 4 formula. 

Ramanujan had great intuitions.  He was fearless and was sure. He took steps believing in his intuitions,  capacity and in his Vaishnava Lord which guided him. British mathematicians had to consider him as India was ruled by them. Many people think his mathematics base is bogus.  No. I am not with them. Lakshmi consort of Vishnu is goddess of wealth. And wealth are numbers. He must have been good in numbers and most just put him off without reason.

Harishchandra had a dream. To bring mathematics to effort that people put in. A Nehru thought process probably.  It was quite disappointing that he missed winning any prize of distinction. 

I am able to "see" the time,  the light,  the field and the groups. Need to "see" the angular momentum, the differential equations,  the quantum working. I "hope" and "wish" to build my partial differential equations of perfection and as per the Lord's wishes.

Basically the way of a,b,c and z in the hypergeometric functions. So as I see. So as I understand. 

My best wishes.  And have a nice weekend ahead.

No comments: