Saturday, August 22, 2026

These days

I am focusing on log sheet these days.

The original log system must have been developed in 1740s, 1750s. When Euler made e to the power i into x. The British mathematicians had trigonometric functions.  Euler "magically " combined trigonometry with numbers and gave all of us "mathematics of the working of world".

In India,  in early 1900s a young man in south India,  Ramanujan showed amazing mathematical intuitions.  Prof. GHHardy of Cambridge University discovered his brilliance. Of particular significance is the fact that Ramanujan "got a number".  Later day mathematicians then came to know that this "magical number" actually showed decimals after 90 or 100th place. 

India was a British colony. Ramanujan had to be taken into Cambridge University.  GHHardy did that. He was absolutely kind gentleman and worked with Ramanujan and gave us Indians Ramanujan Theta functions and Ramanujan Tau functions. 

Ramanujan Theta functions and Ramanujan Tau functions were in reality the more suitable number functions for India. And not e^x and log(x).

But Nehru wanted technology for India.  Independent India got exposure to mathematics of science.  Mathematics of technology. Ramanujan Tau functions and Ramanujan Theta functions got a backseat. They are of interest to only a handful of PhD guys these days.

I got hooked up to one particular mathematical thought in 2024. Working on this for two years I made KAAL number.  And now I made log sheet. This is not "Ego". This is statement of facts.

I think I have made a "Final log sheet". I shall paste it tomorrow.  Because it is in office computer. 

That's all folks. Enjoy your Sunday. 

I will get into drawing and music mode from Tuesday.  Unless I get a chance to work on advanced computer from "the society ".

Then I will develop my log sheet.




No comments: