Friday, September 30, 2022

Semi realistic to realistic to hyper-realistic portraits

Currently I am a semi realistic portrait artist in color. 

I want to get into hyper-realistic color portraits drawing.  I don't know whether it would be feasible or not. Whether I have the theory.  Then possibly 60 hours of work.  Then rendering.  Control in shading.  Eraser don't work in color. Then limitations in artistic ability. I have only skin colored pencils.  Not a 132 colored pencil set. Then my pencils have to be sharp. Currently I am comfortable working with blunt pencils. 

But I have 3 days of holidays in the next 4 days. I shall be thinking and trying on whether I can manage hyper-realistic drawing or not. Thankfully there are high resolution images over internet. So source of image is not a problem. 

If my project is successful then I shall go ahead with a higher resolution camera and 132 colored pencils set.

I shall fully apply my mind, my brains and my hands these three days and let you know whether I shall try for hyper-realistic colored portraits or not on Thursday.  6th October 2022.

Happy day to you!!

3 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

There are some issues which I currently face
1. Skin pores handling
2. White light areas handling
3. Blending colors
However, I am confident in single color tonal and gradience control.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Then there are areas which need perfection. Currently I do not have much strength in these.
1. Head hair handling with shine due to light
2. Chin Stubble drawing
3. Tonal and gradience control in strokes from all angles. From bottom, top left, right.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I think it will be wise if I concentrate on the areas that needs perfection because I am not strong in these.
So, hyper-realistic drawing is a far-off dream.
This finishes.