Monday, November 23, 2020

I want to make this clear

My caricatures began when I wanted to know how the musicians of RDBurman looked like.

Then I bought a book of Andrew Loomis on drawing heads. I realised I lacked 3d.

Meanwhile I did cartoons. Because I felt I had good humour.

If you take portraits, there are so many ways. Oil, watercolours, pencils. Even in pencils Andrew Loomis has one style while William Maughan has another.

I shall be only using black pencils on white or sometimes grey paper. In grey paper I shall use white pencil too. 

I wish to follow only da vinci. Sfumato technique for drawing. Smoky lines.

Here is a screenshot of Da vinci portrait of a head. Drawn in 1503.

I wish to achieve perfection like above drawing. I don't intend to do portraits like most artists do from a photo. Many of them are damn too good. No doubt.
But I shall only follow da vinci type of techniques. And in pencils. 




No comments: