Wednesday, October 5, 2022

My hyper-realistic portraits objective is not feasible

I did three portraits today. Yesterday I did not draw because it was Saraswati pooja.  Yesterday was a day for prayers only. Today was a day of practice.  And I did three portraits. 

Amisha Patel. Shyam Benegal. Karthi, of Ponniyin  Selvan I fame.





I realized I am good in macro tonal control only. Not micro tonal control.

And I am good in three shades only. White, shade 1 and darker than shade 1.

Also I am average in hair rendering. 

Under these circumstances hyper-realistic portraits are tough. Only realistic Portraits are feasible. 

If I get a guru and/or sit with a good artist perhaps I can become a hyper-realistic artist. But otherwise it seems impossible. 

Goodbye for now. Have a nice day!!

( I realized my drawings were not complete.  It is not about perfection.  But completeness. I am submitting a complete Art. To the best of my ability.  I am 54 years old)



2 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

My immediate aim should be complete, realistic monochrome portraits.
That leaves two immediate milestones.
Complete monochrome hyper-realistic portraits.
Complete colored realistic portraits.
I realize complete is important. It is of Jesus. I realize that perfection is not important. Complete is. My Jesus says so.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I am a shaivaite. I am from Kumbakonam. Both my parents are Shaivaites and from Kumbakonam.
When I am into golden ratio I feel it is Jesus. I believe. I have faith.
These are my internals.
Externally, I believe I have Level 5 manager qualities. But no Level 5 position. I am AGM in SAIL.