Friday, October 7, 2022

No looking further

I am into portraits for the last three years at least. And I gained insight only yesterday.  Insight about approach. 

What is this world of portraits? And how it is relevant in India? And what is the impact on young Indians?

We never had a culture of portraits except for kings and great men. While in the western world drawing portraits was practiced a lot.

Today is the world of glamor.  There are high resolution cameras which can click the deepest pores. And then digital technology which can show these faces. And photo editing tools which can enhance these pictures. 

So the today's world of digital images is confusing and is difficult.  In fact impossible. 

Youngsters get confused. 

I have two solutions to it. One shading of different type. Two using watercolors along with shading of the type I am talking of.  These are of my Jesus and one can accept and follow them with open arms. 🙏 

Shading my way



Watercolor and shading my way


As my techniques closely follow the property of light and of water, they are foundational. 

I can't see youngsters spending upto 60 or more hours doing hyper-realistic portraits.  Some get wooden faces. Some have wrong shading.

I don't claim I am perfect. I claim I am complete. I may have errors. I may have shortcomings.  I think it is due to age. But my teachings are foundational. 

One may follow them partially too to get better results in their current method too.

Have a nice day.


No comments: