Sunday, October 2, 2022

Ponniyin Selvan I review

Yesterday I saw the hindi dubbed version of Ponniyin Selvan. 

I found the movie very good.  The characters were shown for their qualities very well. Each of the characters were shown in reasonable depth. And it is great qualities of the men and women which made the Chola kingdom a big empire. 

Sometimes it made hard to relate the characters with places. And characters with other characters too. But I felt the beauty of individual scenes made up for this shortcoming. 

The music was awesome.  ARRehman made great music. And good songs.

The costumes and background were excellent.  The war scenes great. 

Mani Ratnam was excellent throughout.  Has shown great control over the movie.

Comparing Baahubali with Ponniyin Selvan will be wrong as Baahubali is entirely fictional. 

I went to see the movie to see the individual characters. And I am happy that I got what I wanted. It is great men and women which made a great empire. And Ponniyin Selvan certainly did not disappoint. 



2 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Waiting for Ponniyin Selvan II. Can't wait to watch Arulmozhi Selvan becoming Raja Raja Chola.
Meanwhile I shall watch Ponniyin Selvan part 1 again in OTT. When it gets released.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Arulmozhi Varman. Not Arulmozhi Selvan.
Arulmozhi Varman is Ponniyin Selvan. Arulmozhi Varman becomes Raja Raja Chola.