Thursday, February 10, 2022

My lifelong mathematical aim


I want to read Gauss. I have a lifetime ahead to do that.

My desire to learn mathematics was always about focus. Earlier about two years back I wanted to learn mathematical analysis, Gauss, Euler, Abel and Ramanujan. Then till about three months back it was Gauss and Euler. And presently it is just Gauss.

Gauss was out of this world. If you consider a three dimensional normal distribution mountain of mathematicians, the only person who is at the top of the mount is Gauss.

It may cost me 5 lakh rupees (a considerable amount) to buy all the necessary books on Gauss. It will be easy if I get a couple of library cards of IISc or IIT. But these institutions are away from Ranchi. I tried the online library of IIT Kharagpur, but it seemed to be of not much help over internet. 

The world is moving ahead so fast. Electric cars, settlement in Mars. I don't know how 2023 or 2024 will be. India should not lag behind. Electric buses, electric metros, fast trains, quality food, super fast internet, smart cities all should be our very near objectives. I also read about the steel used in electric cars of Europe, USA and China. India should take up manufacturing this steel. R&D efforts should be initiated. This steel it seems can generate electric and magnetic fields in many axes. And that is why an engine the size of two coca cola cans can develop about 136 HP power. Maruti SX4 has 104 HP power.

Come on India. We can make it. It is not just a fight against Corona. It is about making a mark in future time. 

No comments: