Monday, November 13, 2023

More thoughts in Delhi

 

I bought a spiral notebook from a stationery shop in Delhi yesterday. Spiral notebook is better because then you can remove a page from the notebook and the notebook doesn't loose significantly. 

I was thinking about hypergeometric functions and hypergeometric distribution.  Consecutive numbers as in (a)^n/(comb((a+1)n,n) and (a)^n/(comb((a-1)n,n) seemed to map hypergeometric functions to hypergeometric distributions in my theory. 

I thought whether 1/2 to 2/3 or 1/2 to 3/4 is of significance? If yes, can it beat the Newton 0 to 1 thing and his approach of approximations?

A student of brain and coming up with a 45 degrees equivalence theory in Maclaurin series is considered brilliant.  And whole heartedly I also feel so. Such student must get rewards of significance and must feel proud and happy . My saint inside swells in pride if this student of great caliber gets an award.

Have a nice day !!

2 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Riemann was very particular and extremely rigorous and demanding. He was a student of Gauss. Gauss held him in great proud. Gauss was what 60 years old and Riemann in his 20s.
Gauss did not want his sons to pursue mathematics because they did not have the capacity. One of his sons went to America to do business and I think in shoes.
Gauss's brain was preserved and studied. He had a lot of neural spirals.
My brain too has probably.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Newton was able to capitalize on his approximation method for 1 to 0 which is 1 to infinity for Hindus and came up amazingly exact results for x^n, sin(x), cos(x), log(x).
Newton made differential and integral calculus.
I am a Hindu. And I managed to get approximations for + and - equivalence; infinite geometric progression series; and seeing lit objects at distances.