Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Journey towards becoming a comic artist - 5

I have changed my plans towards becoming a comic artist.  And that is I shall include inking too in my daily practice.  What I mean is I shall practice man, woman, kids, animals, objects, buildings,  vegetations and all daily in different perspectives with pencils.  I shall also be inking them then and there or at a later time. I realized there is no point in doing inking at a later time. Whatever needs to be done for a complete comic namely drawing and inking, should be started immediately and both together.

So my complete comic practice starts from today. And I shall practice till 5 years or till when I am happy with my drawings.  Whichever is earlier.  Currently my plans are to stay in paper. Not going digital. 

Here is an inked left hand.

And an inked right hand drawn with the help of a mirror.

I am doing inking with these. I bought them about 7 years ago when doing cartoons. These were imported from USA.

Have a nice day.