Friday, March 8, 2024

My thoughts on mathematics

When I think of mathematics,  I think of English mathematicians all the while.

Brook Taylor was so awesome and so great. His Taylor series is the truth of the world.  It has some influence from Wallis.  Then Maclaurin considered from zero value, the Taylor series.  He gave us trigonometric,  hyperbolic,  logarithmic series.  Newton then considered zero at all places (because of gravity) and gave us calculus.  I get clean bowled by the genius of these four gentlemen.  All the while I keep thinking of these four gentlemen. 

Those are of the external world. 

Now the internal world.  

Internal world working and its relationship with the external mathematics is by the complex number small i. Euler gave us e to the power of I theta. He gave us gamma functions and beta functions.  Truly gems from Euler.  Gauss advocated complex functions.  That's German mathematics. 

All the above are of yesteryears. 

Present day number theories are unknown to me. I am unable to search internet search engines suitably. 

That is all for now. Have a great weekend guys!!

No comments: