Friday, January 5, 2024

Asking myself a few hard questions

Is mn+m-1 of golden ratio?

References 

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,. . . . is of golden ratio. 1.61803

1+1/(1+1/(1+1/ . . . is of golden ratio. 1.61803

m^2-m-1=0 gives 1.61803 and -0.61803.

Points to think of

Slight variants to m^2-m-1 give golden ratios. For example m^2+m-1=0.

Other equations like m^2-2-1/m and their slight variants give golden ratios.

My stance

1.61803 and 0.61803 are important.  g and g-1. Consecutive numbers sort.

There are two values to golden ratio.  Instead of the quadratic expression m^2+m-1 , I have used mn+m-1..

What I feel like 

It is appropriate to claim mn+m-1 is of golden ratio. 

6 comments:

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Suppose there are two values to m^2+m-1=0.
They can be only m^2+m-1=0 and n^2+n-1=0 and certainly not mn+m-1=0.
Point taken.


I shall reply to Professors or to ministry as the case may be.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Jesus loves me is the reply I shall give to both; the Professors or the ministry

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Let us dig further . . .

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

26 apples cost 5 times the cost of 10 bananas.
10 bananas plus 5 rupees makes 100 rupees.

Solving equations like these have to be approved by teachers and above us guys.

only 4 percent of guys are interested.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

96 percent want to know the difference between mn+m-1 and nm+n-1 approaches.
This is what I feel.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Indians have not made much contributions to mathematics. Stephen Hawking wrote so. And I believe that.
Srinivasa Varadhan is exceptional.
To our family values Mohammed comes natural. I am similar to second son in Muslim family and have atheist and secular mindset.
This finishes. Unless someone comments here. Then I shall reply.